Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dinner time!!!!

Can you imagine me banging on one of those triangles hanging on the front porch?

I can...well, sort of.

Anyways, last night for dinner I made Broiled Salmon.  It was so good, even the kids ate all of theirs!

1 lb. of Salmon (I bought a frozen, boned, and scaled one at King Soopers...worth it!)
1 tbsp of EVOO
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 small cloves of garlic, minced
1 sprig of rosemary, strip the leaves and chop them up a bit (you can probably use dried rosemary, just crush it before adding to the mix.)

Mix the EVOO, lemon juice, garlic and rosemary up. Place the Salmon on a broiling rack (I seriously just use a cooling rack, like for cookies, and a cookie sheet under it.) then brush the mix over it evenly.  Set the broiler to 500 degrees and then cook 4-6 minutes for each 1/2 in of thickness, turning half way through.  (Mine cooked for 12 minutes total, turning the pan around at 6 minutes.)

Mine sat in the warm oven for about 15 minutes until my husband got home from work before we ate and it was still juicy and delicious.  We had steamed asparagus & garden salads with some light ceasar dressing with it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment