Friday, January 15, 2010
Well, not real vampires...not that there are such a thing, but...
Yummy Vampire Merino Worsted from my dear friend Dani of Sunshine Yarns. I joined in on her Sunshine Sweater Club that shipped this month. And yesterday I found 9 wonderful skeins in my mailbox!
I started back to school this past Monday!!!
Like a real school where you actually go to class and participate beyond typing away in cyberspace! I started the Photography program at the Art Institute of Colorado and I'm loving it. I'm taking 4 classes, the kids are spending a whole 3 days each week at preschool, it's so nice!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
...or at least it will be!
I got my Knit Picks Palette East Meets West Bag kit in the mail on Thursday! I'm at a loss though, well not a loss, more like being terrified!
1. This is more colorwork than I have ever attempted! 21 colors worth of colorwork!
2. Steeking! Eeek! Never have I ever...
I suppose their are other reasons this terrifies me, but I can deal with those.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
New Moon Clapotis:
I started this project back in November (?). It's been the car project and I've actually made a bit of progress on it. I'm thinking I might try to ggo longer than the pattern calls for though. Pattern via Knitty. (Clapotis)
Made with Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock Yarn in New Moon Alice.
A new little classy shawl pattern from the Winter Knitty. (Citron) I love how it's coming although the rows are becoming unbearably long!
Made with Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock Yarn in Butterbeer
The thumb gusset is on a holder and there are roughly 10-12 rows left until the repeats for length or the decreases! I'm so excited and so happy with these!
I got Sunshine yesterday! It was very much needed as the kids had been driving me crazy! It was my first full day with them in a long time!
Monday, January 4, 2010
I love this pattern by Eunny Jang and have been terrified of it all at the same time! Time to bite the bullet. Anemoi Mittens. The colorwork is exquisite! I cast on January 2nd and finally made it beyond the cuff on the 3rd! I frogged the cuff somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 times trying to use a Tubular Cast On. I finally found one that worked! TECHKnitting's provision tail method and would definitely recommend it to others. You can find her tutorial here.
I'm using Sunshine Yarns Classic and Twist Sock Yarns. Classic in Cornish Pixies (a wonderful blue) and Twist in Luna (a soft creamy white, yellow and grey mix). I love the two together and so far it's gorgeous.
January's socks are 'Duckies' in Sunshine Yarns Merino Sport in Peat.
I love them...so far! Unfortunately I have run out of yarn, just past the heel gusset and have been unable to procur any more yarn yet. I'm thinking I might need to ask Dani to dye some up for me so I can finish these up.
I started these sock on January 1, 2010 @ 12:01am! And knit through the majority of the night, well, morning. I can't wait for them to be finished.
This is the first time this year my internet has worked enough to get on here! So yea, 2010!!! WOW!!
So New Year's Resolutions:
1. I will stop stressing the little things.
2. I will work out more often. (This one seems to be quite the reoccurring topic.)
3. I will de-clutter! My husband and I are slightly pack-ratty...not a good thing. Granted he is worse than me. He had his t-ball certificate in the filing cabinet and he's 27 now. But we are doing this together. Our house just isn't big enough for all of it!
I also have a number of Knitolutions:
1. I will knit 12 pairs of socks this year! 12 pairs, 12 months, completely doable!
2. I will knit myself a sweater! My first adult sized garment! Exciting and the Sunshine Yarns Sweater Club is going to satisfy this one.
3. I will knit something with colorwork! Fair-Isle, stranded, intarsia...whatever!
On top of all of that I'm hoping to be better about this blog! With my knitting,reading, kids and school I'll have plenty to babble about!
That's about it for now!